In this video, we show you just how much difference the extra horsepower from the 1200 actually makes over the humble 500. It’s amazing and a joy to play!
On the 500, the low FPS ruins the experience and makes it frustrating as hell, especially when the action hots up. The game on the 1200 is on a whole new level, whilst you still do get some slow down in places – it’s much more fluid.
Next up, we have some upgrades for the 1200, including a nice new 8MB fast ram expansion. I’ll publish another video when it’s fitted to see how all three compare.
Rather than take my word for it, check out our side by side video comparison of Zeewolf 2 below
Let’s hear from you!
Are there any other comparison videos you’d like to see? Let us know in the comments below
Our other Amiga articles
As well as all the game videos we’ve been pumping out recently, we’ve also got a number of other Amiga guides. Check out the links below
- COMMODORE AMIGA 500 BUYERS GUIDE
- HOW TO CONNECT YOUR AMIGA TO A MODERN TV / CAPTURE CARD – RGB SCART TO HDMI (NOT COMPOSITE)
- WHY YOU SHOULD RECAP YOUR AMIGA – AMIGA RECAPPING FAQ
- HOW TO OPEN AN AMIGA 600 CASE
- AMIGA CD32 GAMES ISO DOWNLOAD & HOW TO BURN
- AMIGA ADF TOSEC AMIGA GAME DOWNLOAD – SORTED & CLEANED
- AMIGA GOTEK: GETTING STARTED GUIDE | INSTALLATION | SET UP AND GAME DOWNLOADS (FLASHFLOPPY)